Information we collect
The personal information that you are asked to provide, and the reasons why you are asked to provide it, will be made clear to you at the point we ask you to provide your personal information.
If you contact us directly, we may receive additional information about you such as your name, email address, phone number, the contents of the message and/or attachments you may send us, and any other information you may choose to provide.
How we use your information
We use the information we collect in various ways, including:
- To provide, operate, and maintain our website
- To improve, personalize, and expand our website
- To understand and analyze how you use our website
- To communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners
- To send emails to you
- To find and prevent fraud
Linwood Avenue Union Church follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. All hosting companies do this and a part of hosting services’ analytics. The information collected by log files includes: internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like most websites, Linwood Avenue Union Church uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including visitors’ preferences, and the pages on the website that the visitor accessed or visited. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
Advertising Partners Privacy Policies
Note that Linwood Avenue Union Church has no access to or control over these cookies that are used by third-party advertisers. We would like to recommend that you install Ghostery and adBlocker so that you might mitigate the effects of third party monitoring/tracking.
Third-Party Privacy Policies
WebSlice – https://webslice.co.nz/privacy-policy
Google – https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US
Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/policy.php
Ancor – https://anchor.fm/privacy
You can choose to disable cookies through your individual browser options. To know more detailed information about cookie management with specific web browsers please refer to your browsers official website.
Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-nz/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
GDPR Data Protection Rights
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
- The right to access – You have the right to request copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
- The right to rectification – You have the right to request that we correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request that we complete the information you believe is incomplete.
- The right to erasure – You have the right to request that we erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
- The right to data portability – You have the right to request that we transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us. Please note that we do however reserve the right to charge you for any expense the fulfilment of your request may incur.
Another part of our priority is adding protection for children while using the internet. We encourage parents and guardians to observe, participate in, and/or monitor and guide their online activity.
Linwood Avenue Union Church does not knowingly collect any Personal Identifiable Information from children under the age of 13. If you think that your child provided this kind of information on our website, we strongly encourage you to contact us immediately and we will do our best efforts to promptly remove such information from our records.
We collect personal information from you, including information about your:
- first name and last name
- contact information
- interactions with us
You have the right to ask for a copy of any personal information we hold about you, and to ask for it to be corrected if you think it is wrong. If you’d like to ask for a copy of your information or to have it corrected, please contact us at email@example.com, or 03-389 5303, or 378 Linwood Avenue, Bromley, Christchurch 8062.